With this dish, I took the flavors of an antipasto platter and created a wonderful chicken dinner filled with amazing flavors and full of color. You can add black olives to this dish, as well.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup of flour (or rice flour for gluten-free)
- 4 boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon garlic pepper
- 1 tablespoon Greek oregano
- 1 jar of marinated artichoke hearts, undrained
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons of fresh basil
- 1 jar marinated mushrooms
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 red onion
- 1 bag fresh organic spinach
- 1/2 cup white wine
- Feta cheese crumbles
Heat oil in skillet over medium heat. Put flour on a plate and dredge the chicken through the flour. Sprinkle garlic pepper and Greek oregano over the chicken. Cook chicken in oil about 8 minutes, turning once, until brown on both sides.
Mix the undrained artichoke hearts, tomatoes, basil, mushrooms, pepper and onion in medium bowl. Cut large artichoke pieces in half. Spoon the mixture over the chicken and cook about 10 minutes. Add the spinach and cook for an additional 5 minutes until spinach is wilted. Add the white wine and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
Serve over rice and top with feta cheese.