If you are tired of the same old meatloaf recipe or are looking for a kid-friendly meatloaf, this is the answer.
It is a simple and easy recipe with flavors kids love, but tastes special enough to serve to company. You can use regular bread crumbs if you do not want it gluten-free, but you will not taste the difference.
Gluten-Free Italian Meatloaf
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup gluten-free breadcrumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1-2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 small onion, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup marinara chunky pasta sauce or homemade sauce
- 1 cup shredded Italian cheese blend
- Minced parsley for garnish
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a loaf pan with cooking spray, set aside.
In a large bowl, combine the ground turkey and beef, eggs, breadcrumbs, thyme, oregano, basil, garlic, onion, salt, pepper 1/2 cup of marinara, 1/2 cup of Italian cheese and Parmesan cheese. Try not over handle the mixture too much or it will get tough. Place the mixture in the greased loaf pan and form into a loaf. Top the meatloaf with pasta sauce. Bake for 40 minutes. Top with the remainder of the cheese and bake for another 10 minutes. Serve warm.